Facilities and Grounds
Holy Cross College enjoys the benefit of magnificent school facilities, which are the product of over one hundred years of development. These facilities are high in standard. The buildings and ovals are relatively new with the historic original building.
Every effort is made to provide students with the optimum opportunities to ensure a smooth transition to employment and further education.
Our present on-site facilities include:
- Cardinal Gilroy Library and study centre;
- A state-of-the-art flexible learning precinct that reflects the best of contemporary teaching and learning practice;
- Chapel seating 500;
- Patrician Centenary Hall seating 700;
- Gymnasium with weight training equipment;
- Contemporary refurnished Science laboratories;
- Specialist rooms and equipment for most subject areas: Middle School Classrooms (Year 7 and 8); Patrician Technology Building (TAS and VET), Br Mark Ryan Music Centre, Br John Thompson Arts Centre
- Ten hectares of landscaped grounds and gardens including tennis and basketball courts; cricket net facilities; soccer and rugby grounds with change rooms, seating and floodlights; extensive off-road parking areas with security lighting; and extensive play areas for each year group including seating, paved and shaded areas.
The College stands on more than twenty acres of land on one of the highest points of Victoria Road and enjoys from its tower a panoramic view of Sydney - north, south, east, and west. It is midway between Sydney and Parramatta on Victoria Road - twenty minutes by bus to the centre of Sydney.
The administration and school buildings are clustered together allowing full use of the rest of the College grounds for gardens and playing fields: cricket, basketball, tennis, soccer, rugby league.View Larger Map