Parents and Friends Association
The Parents and Friends Association of Holy Cross College, Ryde recognises and values the role that parents/carers play in
the education of their children and aims to strengthen the partnership between family, school,
parish and the wider community for the benefit of their children’s overall development and learning.
The Association will endeavour to do this by:
- reaching out to all associated with the school to build a friendly and welcoming community which seeks to involve all its members;
- providing a parental perspective to assist the Principal in decision making;
- acting as a mechanism for representing parents when it is appropriate to do so;
- raising funds to provide resources and opportunities for enriching the learning environment of the school;
- supporting parents/carers in their parental responsibilities and involvement in their children’s learning at home and at school;
- providing a forum where matters relating to the education and development of students can be discussed productively;
- providing opportunities for parents/carers to gain insights into the life of the school, current developments in education and Catholic education in particular;
- providing a means for parents/carers to affiliate with the Federation of P&F Associations of Catholic Schools and have a voice at Archdiocesan level.